FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Applications are now available to become part of this year’s Leadership 2.0 cohort. Launched last year by Greater Fort Wayne Inc., Leadership 2.0 is a program that serves as a springboard for aspiring and current leaders in Allen County to take their leadership abilities to a higher level.
The Leadership 2.0 curriculum builds on the Leadership Fort Wayne program, featuring tools and techniques that help participants more confidently lead, regardless of their position in an organization. Topics covered include:
- Strengths-based, high-performance leadership.
- Leadership styles/types.
- Leading high-performing teams.
- Leader, manager, or coach.
- Self-aware leadership principles.
- Core competencies such as how to read a financial statement, how to build a strategic plan, leading through conflict, building and conducting performance evaluations, and more.
“Leadership 2.0 gave me tools to forge my talents into strengths that I will be able to use to benefit my organization and our community,” said Jeremy Reidy, member of the Leadership 2.0 Class of 2020. “It also provided an opportunity to develop strong relationships with a diverse group of up-and-coming community leaders.”
This year’s cohort will experience a fast-paced curriculum, meeting once every three weeks from January through May. Throughout the program, participants will receive a series of leadership assessments, a detailed training manual, selected books, and other leadership materials.
To be eligible for the program, participants must:
- Be a graduate of Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana Leadership Institute.
- Currently work and/or live in Allen County.
- Have the full support of his or her employer or organization.
- Be committed to fully participate in the program and achieve personal and professional goals.
“Great leaders help others reach their full potential,” said Barry Schrock, director of leadership programs at GFW Inc. “Leadership 2.0 empowers participants to tap into their natural abilities, so they can make their businesses, their organizations, their families, and our community the best they can be.”
This cohort will be limited to 12 members. The application deadline is Oct. 11, and the program will begin with an orientation session in December.
The application for Leadership 2.0 and more program details are available at L20.gfwinc.com.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs, and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention, and community engagement.